As a Heritage Trust member, not only are you eligible to enjoy a wide range of great products and services, but you can also participate in the operations of the credit union.
Why Choose Heritage Trust?
Heritage Trust Federal Credit Union is a financially sound organization that has successfully served the greater Charleston community since 1955. New members join an organization that not only serves and supports local business professionals, nurses, teachers, military personnel, construction workers and many others, but also contributes to the fabric of the local community. Membership offers you a variety of benefits, including:
- We offer 12 convenient branch locations and over 42 ATMs throughout Charleston, Berkeley, Dorchester and Colleton counties. View all of our locations
- On HeritageTrust.org you can apply for loans, pay bills, view account balances or your eStatement. Enroll in Online Banking
- As a participant in the Shared Branching Network, Heritage Trust members who are traveling or relocating can access the services of almost 3,000 credit unions nationwide. Shared Branching Locations. Please note our Third Party Link Disclosure.
- Our highly skilled and dedicated professionals are available to assist members every day, whether at a branch location, through our local Contact Center, or via our secure Web site.
- Our staff is trained to answer member questions and provide easy access and assistance to product information, loan processing, account information and more.
- In addition to quality products and services, all of our accounts are insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the U.S. government, to $250,000. The NCUA is the independent agency of the U.S. Government responsible for managing the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF). The NCUSIF was established by Congress in 1970 to insure member share accounts against loss within specified legal limits.
- Since our members are the owners, members actively participate in the organization’s future through electing our Board of Directors.
back to top
Heritage Trust offers membership to individuals and their immediate family members if their employer is in one of our Select Employee Groups (SEGs).
Easy ways to confirm eligibility and to join:
- Complete and submit our online Membership Application
- Call our Contact Center at (800) 845-5550 or (843) 832-2600 to speak with a representative
- Meet with a Member Service Representative (MSR) at any of our 12 branch locations
Once eligibility is established, there is a one time, non-refundable membership fee of $5.00 to join and a minimum, refundable deposit of $25 to a Primary savings account.
Join today and discover all of the rewards of becoming a member!
back to top
Information for Employers
Heritage Trust provides Credit Union benefits to over 300 local Charleston area businesses referred to as SEGs or Select Employer Groups. View a list of our current SEG groups.
Benefits to Employer
- No cost to your organization
- Increased participation in payroll direct deposit
- Enhancement of your organization’s employee benefits
- Introduction of benefits at employee orientations
- Credit Union membership materials
If your company is interested in offering Heritage Trust as a benefit to employees, please call
(843) 832-2600 or toll free at (800) 845-5550, ext. 2633 or ext. 2634 or send in a SEG Request Letter to:
Heritage Trust Federal Credit Union
Attn: Business Development
PO Box 118000
Charleston, SC 29423
back to top